Problem mit Updaten

Alfi83

Hallo

ich habe ein Problem mit dem Updaten. Und zwar kann ich nur Updaten in dem ich die Update.exe anklicke. Jetzt ist das so das bei allen anderen Simulationen die Meldung kommt das die letzte Version schon installiert ist. Aber bei in Andernach habe ich das Problem das diese Meldung nicht kommt. Stattdessen installiert er immer und immer wieder abwechselnd 2 Updates. Eines mir ca 16000KB und eines mit ca 5500KB. Woran liegt denn das?

• 2 weeks later...

Hallo zusammen,

bei Andernach und bei Hürth (bei den anderen Sims funktioniert alles) aktualisiert sich bei mir nichts von allein. Es wird angezeigt, dass ein Update zur Verfügung steht, beim Anfordern erscheint dann die Meldung, dass die aktuelle Version bereits vorhanden ist. Auch eine Neuinstallation brachte keinen Erfolg. Kann man evtl. den Registrationskey mal neu eingeben? Meine aktuell vorhandenen Versionen sind: Andernach 2.2.01, Hürth 2.1.0.104, Braunschweig 2.0.0.96. Habe so das leichte Gefühl, dass das nicht die neuesten Versionen sind.

Gruß Snuppi

Updaten geht nur ueber das Startbildschirm. Das andere Update hat mit "teilupdates" zu tun. (wird noch nicht verwendet.)

Letzte Versionen am Moment sind (4. Spetember 2011):

Andernach 2.2.0.2,

Hürth 2.3.0.58

Braunschweig 2.0.0.96

Letzte Versionen am Moment sind (4. Spetember 2011):

Andernach 2.2.0.2,

Hürth 2.3.0.58

Braunschweig 2.0.0.96

Sorry Erwin. I have no update request on my computer when i start simulation but for Andernach i have 2.2.0.1 (not 2 final)

have i some problem ?

ciao

Diego

Sorry Erwin. I have no update request on my computer when i start simulation but for Andernach i have 2.2.0.1 (not 2 final)

have i some problem ?

ciao

Diego

Can't tell you if you have a problem. The version I have is on my computer, time stamped 11-mar-2011. In other words, it is not a very recent update.

You could try to update using the Update.exe, which is located in your Andernach installation folder

Erwin

If you've installed the license key (see information window if it's registered to you) you can update, if an update is available.

It doesn't work without the license key.

If you get an error code shown in stead of your email address.... something is wrong.

If you've installed the license key (see information window if it's registered to you) you can update, if an update is available.

It doesn't work without the license key.

If you get an error code shown in stead of your email address.... something is wrong.

intallonabile is not the only one with version 2.2.0.1 ;) , i have the same version and when i look of there is a new version available there isn't another one :o and i have the license key :P .

intallonabile is not the only one with version 2.2.0.1 ;) , i have the same version and when i look of there is a new version available there isn't another one :o and i have the license key :P .

OK i'm not alone !!!

For Erwin. I tried to launch the file update.exe for Andernach as launching the simulation it seems to be not update necessary. With manual update there is an update (16 mega circa) end programm say that installation is running. But at the end i launch Andernach simulation and version is always 2.2.0.1. and not 2.2.0.2 . I dont understand....but i veriefied that i have normally registration key. What can i do ?

ciao

Diego

OK i'm not alone !!!

For Erwin. I tried to launch the file update.exe for Andernach as launching the simulation it seems to be not update necessary. With manual update there is an update (16 mega circa) end programm say that installation is running. But at the end i launch Andernach simulation and version is always 2.2.0.1. and not 2.2.0.2 . I dont understand....but i veriefied that i have normally registration key. What can i do ?

ciao

Diego

I don't think there is any reason to 'panic'. If the programm tells you that no update is available, and others say they have the same version (2.2.0.1), I think that you and all the others are ok with their current version.

The only reason I can think of is that I obtained the combination package of KAND and KKAS via the webshop, and this was a couple of weeks after the initial release of those two signal boxes. I do remember that there has been an issue with the Updater of KKAS. Maybe this Updater programm has also been updated for the KAND simulation, even though the issue was not directly affecting the KAND simulation itself. So my guess is that KAND v2.2.0.1 and KAND v2.2.0.2 are sim-wise exactly the same. So as this change might not have been worth it to release it as an update for KAND, it might explain this difference in version numbers.

(Note: such similar situation exists for the Hengelo simulation, some have 1.x.x.25, some do have 1.x.x.30. The last version is only owned by buyers who obtained Hengelo later then the moment it was update to v1.x.x.25)

So, I short: I think you are ok for now. And I might be wrong, but I believe an update for KAND is coming soon, and then everybody will be on the same version again

BTW: I received the pictures from your Andernach simulation setup .... really cool .... I am (very very) jealous

Erwin

I don't think there is any reason to 'panic'. If the programm tells you that no update is available, and others say they have the same version (2.2.0.1), I think that you and all the others are ok with their current version.

The only reason I can think of is that I obtained the combination package of KAND and KKAS via the webshop, and this was a couple of weeks after the initial release of those two signal boxes. I do remember that there has been an issue with the Updater of KKAS. Maybe this Updater programm has also been updated for the KAND simulation, even though the issue was not directly affecting the KAND simulation itself. So my guess is that KAND v2.2.0.1 and KAND v2.2.0.2 are sim-wise exactly the same. So as this change might not have been worth it to release it as an update for KAND, it might explain this difference in version numbers.

(Note: such similar situation exists for the Hengelo simulation, some have 1.x.x.25, some do have 1.x.x.30. The last version is only owned by buyers who obtained Hengelo later then the moment it was update to v1.x.x.25)

So, I short: I think you are ok for now. And I might be wrong, but I believe an update for KAND is coming soon, and then everybody will be on the same version again

BTW: I received the pictures from your Andernach simulation setup .... really cool .... I am (very very) jealous

Erwin

Thanks Erwin for your reply so i can understand what's the problem and it seems to be not problem. I will wait this next update for KAND

For my home dispatcher office i must thanks my wife . Last Christmas she give me the opportunity (and also euros !!!!) to buy a matrox video component that does support until 8 monitors . She say i'm crazy

ciao

Diego

For my home dispatcher office i must thanks my wife . Last Christmas she give me the opportunity (and also euros !!!!) to buy a matrox video component that does support until 8 monitors . She say i'm crazy

LOL ... That sound more or less familiar ...

My wife also says I'm crazy however .... no Euros here, no room for myself here ... just a laptop

I could try to ask here if I may hook up my laptop to the widescreen TV in the living room, but I alreay know her answer in advance ... (it starts with a big capital N) B)

For those who want to know where this is all about: this posting on the forum ( Köln mal Live zu dritt and then the Link "Bild" ) reflects Diego's 'poor' hobby situation quite accurate.